Friday, May 21, 2010

Seven Quick Takes



1. It is the end of my first year of teaching. Even though I have 2 1/2 days left of school I have a very long to do list before I wave goodbye to my kiddos. This weekend I hope to finish up my DVD I made with video and photos of the past year. Let's see if I get this task done before Sunday night.

2. My 14 sweet students gave me a wonderful Snapfish photo book today. When I began looking at it I started to cry. It finally hit me that I will be saying goodbye to my very first class and many of them will be going to different schools.

3. On one of the pages in the book they wrote about one of their favorite things about me...I will definitely blog about their responses.

4. Tomorrow is my sister Leslee's birthday!



5. Eric and I are going to do a makeover on our boring master bedroom. We are going to paint, add new blinds, and hopefully curtains.

6.
My students have been fighting with each other lately, so I busted out one of my favorite childhood books. Chrysanthemum is about a sweet little mouse that gets picked on and teased because her name is so unique. I taught my kiddos the importance of loving everyone and showing kindness. After I read the book the first response I got was, "Wow Ms. Christine, that was a long book." I pray that I planted a seed.


7. Happy Birthday to my bestie, Michelle Brown!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Congratulations on finishing up your first year!

    3. I can't wait to hear some excerpts :)

    4. Happy Birthday to your sister! Also, I LOVE your dress in that photo, Christine!

    5. I want to see before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete