Monday, May 10, 2010

Rants 'n Raves

People, places, or things that I gotta gush about...

What: Thai Chili Restaurant
Location: San Antonio, TX
Bragging about: Tum Yum Soup
Hot and sour soup with chicken and straw mushrooms seasoned with lemon grass, Thai herbs, and cilantro.

I have been going to this incredible restaurant for a few years and have never not ordered this soup. You can order the soup any level you want depending on what you can handle. I usually pick a level between 5-7. I would highly recommend a large glass of water and box of tissues when eating. It will definitely clear out your sinuses but it will be so worth it.

I visited my sister and brother-in-law on Saturday and they generously gave me their leftover tum yum soup. Eric and I haven't had it in awhile but once we took one sip we both sighed and said, "this is awesome." We had just enough for one bowl each, but could have had a few more. I forgot about this little liquid treasure and will definitely go to Thai Chili next time we are in San Antonio.

I hope you give Thai Chili a try next time you are in the Alamo city.

Cation: DO NOT eat the soup if you are preggers or cannot handle spicy foods. Tums, Pepto and Pepcid AC will not be able to help you.

1 comment:

  1. Man! I ate that stuff with reckless abandon when I was pregnant!!! I want some now....

    ReplyDelete