Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Today’s questions were brought to you by: sinner following Jesus

1. How did your parents decide on your name?
When my dad was in elementary school he knew a sweet little girl named Christine who was really nice to him. My parents also wanted to have strong names for their kids.

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
Nope. Maiden: CCG Married: CCB

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I kept my middle name. Truthfully I liked my middle name too much to get rid of it.

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
Probably not. Eric and I are still having a tough time coming up with names we both like, so limiting the list to fit a theme...not for the Brinkmans.
I do however enjoy trying to remember all the Duggar's names. Joshua, Janna, John David, Jill, Jinger, Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Johanna, Jason... that's all I got. (I am a fan of the Duggars!)

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
When I was younger I thought Kelly was the coolest name ever, thanks to Save By the Bell. I really believed that if your name was Kelly you were destined to be beautiful, popular, and be the prom queen. I have since changed my mind and will not be naming any of my girls Kelly.

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Robert and Christopher

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I look at both because I think its pretty neat to know the meaning of your name. Looking through names for our baby I have been googling a lot to find the meanings just in case I might be selecting a name that means fig, goose egg or something evil.

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Sadly Eric and I are both allergic to cats and dogs. There was a time where I was really serious about getting a maltise and I wanted to name him/her Brinkley. There are two reasons I love the name, 1) It's part of our last name and 2) That's the name of Tom Hanks' dog in You've Got Mail, one of my favorites!

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
I do have a name that I really dislike...Christina/Cristina/Kristina...you get the point.
Reasons:
1. So many people mistakenly call me Christina and because I am a people pleaser I never correct them.
2. Every girl I knew during my childhood whose name was Christina was really mean to me.
3. When my mom would get upset with me she would call me Christina...I have no idea why.

10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?

I have a few but I will keep them under wraps until we announce we are having a boy or girl. You'll have to wait 6 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment