1. What does your work out schedule look like?
Monday: Step n' Sculpt
Tuesday: Power Hour (boot camp)
Wednesday: Body Sculpt
Thursday: Cardio Funk
2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym?
I don't usually use any machines because I do all my work outs in classes. I do however, prefer the stationary bike. I enjoy reading while I ride, because it keeps my concentration on the book, not on the number of miles.
3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym?
I look forward to Thursdays when I can dance my heart out at cardio funk. My instructor is a dance teacher, so I feel like I am taking an intense dance class instead of working out for an hour.
4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing?
Which ever place has a sale on their work out clothes. I really like aerie and would love to get all my clothes from there but they're pricey.
5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
Does cleaning the house count? I can definitely work up a sweat when I sweep, mop, and vacuum. Scrubbing the shower can produce some arm muscles too.
6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share!
I personally cannot work out at home. I am easily distracted and will tend to not push myself while working out with a DVD. I did however get 30 Day Shred, it's a great DVD and I highly recommend it.
7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school?
Definitely more active now. In high school I didn't see it as something I should do to stay healthy. I also had the mind set that working out was a chore and the only reason to do is to loose weight.
I really think having a gym membership with great classes motivates me to go. A huge plus is it's an all women's gym. No creepy guys checking me out while I exercise.
8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school?
Work out to be healthy, not to lose weight. Work out to feel good, not just to look good. Working out can be fun!
9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)? Listen to the instructor and do my best to give it my all. And there are times where they play a great song so I will sing along in my head.
10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
Try more spin classes. I have been to one and let's just say...ouch!
I would like to start running and walking outside more and enjoy the outdoors while I exercise.
- November (2)
- September (3)
- August (1)
- July (2)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (1)
- February (1)