Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Weekend of Games

Being married I realized that no matter what month, day, or time there will always be a game on that my husband HAS to watch. Saturday was no exception. We saw three games and only one game had a happy ending.

The morning started off with Eric watching his alma mater, University of Illinois. I have to admit that it was a good game, but at the end Fresno won with only 2 seconds left beating Illinois 53-52.

We still had some hope for our second game. We were going to go watch the San Antonio Spurs. We got two tickets to the game from our wonderful friends and we were so excited to watch a live NBA game. The beginning of the game looked promising. They were leading for awhile but after halftime things started to look down. They lost to Denver, 106-99. We still got to take some pictures!
Heading from the stadium to the car we were nervous to hear the score of the UT game, seeing that each game we saw ended with losses. We got in the car and turned on the radio. Through the AM static we could hearing cheering and Coach Brown congratulating his seniors. THEY WON!!! We were so excited to hear the awesome news and felt that the win of the Horns was worth the 2 losses...well maybe.
In this picture, you can tell I was excited to have my Saturday full of games! I am doing much better about enjoying one of Eric's favorite past times, and hope I will soon blog about Eric enjoying one of my hobbies.

1 comment:

  1. As the best friend of Nebraska fans, you should probably be more sensitive to our broken hearts in this time. I'm just saying. An entire blog post dedicated to the Horns winning is just...too much to handle.

    I'm going to go cry now.

    ReplyDelete